Monday, November 2, 2009

Here we goooooooooooooo!

Well, I’m very happy to report that as of last week I’ve raised the projected budget for my two years in South Africa! I feel very supported and loved by all the people who have helped me through this season. I hope you enjoy the pictures from my going away party that I've included in this post. God is good all the time and He is our provider! His love is more than enough, and He has shown me His love not only through scripture but through the relationships I have made and that have strengthened over the past few months. Praise the Lord!


So, here’s the pretty amazing story of how my last bit of support came in. Katie Phillips, my awesome friend and local YFC Financial Partner told me the beginning of last week that I only needed $84/month to be completely support raised. That night I prayed….”Okay, God I would really like to leave for South Africa in November which means that I need to have all my support in by October 29th to purchase my plane ticket-just three days away. Lord, I know that you have a plan and if I’m not supposed to leave until December or later that’s ok but if it is Your will for me to leave in November please have the rest of my support come in by the 29th.”


Well, I have to say that the next morning I woke up feeling pretty discouraged….still not sure if I was going to be able to leave in November like I had hoped.

Oh, ye of little faith!!

After I finished my morning routine I logged on to my computer to check for any updates. I saw that I received an email from Youth For Christ saying that one family had given a one time gift of $200 and then committed to giving $1000/year throughout the time I’m in ministry.

Pull out the calculators folks - Do the math!!!

$1000/12months in a year = $83.33

Holy Moly!…that’s just amazing! As my co-worker from Micron would say…”It’s not odd, it’s God!” I love that. This seemed almost unbelievable, so I called Katie at work and ask her to read the email with me and make sure I was reading it correctly. And praise the Lord, I was!

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise;

You perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down;

You are familiar with all my ways.

Psalm 139:1-4

And what more is there to say?

…stay tuned for more updates and pictures as November 16th gets closer and closer...




1 comment:

  1. Caitlin, that is so great that God provided your last bit of support, we are so happy for you! I pray that God will guide you in goodbyes and preparation. He is Awesome! I'm so excited for you,

    megan philip

    ReplyDelete