Thursday, July 29, 2010

Working with high schoolers...I LUV IT!


This evening I was reminded of how blessed I am to be here in SA serving high schoolers. Tonight was the annual variety show at York High. Ozzy and I decided earlier in the week to attend the show after finding out that quite a few of our peer educators are performing. It was an awesome night of singing, dancing, rapping, and playing instruments.

I am so proud of the kids!!! Phumi, one of our senior peer educators amazed us with her gorgeous voice. Wow, she looked SO beautiful and I couldn’t believe how amazing she sounded. We didn’t even know she could sing! And Danny and Sihle, well they were part of two fantastic hip hop dances. Rock on girls!!! Troy blew us away on the piano…Ziaad dazzled us with his acting and humor….turns out that Tamryn can play the guitar-and sing!....the list goes on and on.

And the rest of our peer educators were in the crowd cheering everyone on. There was so much energy and excitement tonight…IT’S CONTAGIOUS! So many smiles…hugs…laughs.

YES…I get to work with high schoolers…and I LOVE it.

Next….we’re getting excited for the Matric Farewell (Senior Prom). Good times!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! That is so great that you are loving how you are serving in SA.

    ReplyDelete